Thursday, May 22, 2008

Andorra

I am finally in London! It's great to be back, and I'm more relaxed in a city I've visited before. The only downside would be the aggressively damp and cold weather; I was soaked all morning. Walking umbrella-less from the tube to my hostel with my pack, backpack and tote was pretty pathetic. People who have umbrellas are just getting them broken by the wind, though. I had four things I wanted to do in London, and thankfully three of them are perfectly suited to rain. I've already been to the British museum (the Portrait Gallery is this afternoon and the Victoria and Albert museum is tomorrow; all are free!) I bought a half-price ticket for the musical version of Gone With the Wind tonight, and shopping on Oxford street or at Harrods can be done in any weather. The only disappointment, is that I doubt I'll be able to see a Shakespeare performance at the Globe because it's open air. I have enough to keep me busy until I go home on Wednesday, though! Here are my pictures from Andorra. I was a tiny bit disappointed by my visit, there wasn't really a lot to see or do.

I did take a walk on a mountain path surrounding the city. It was a great vantage point for the city of Andorra la Vella and the surrounding mountains.
To prove I was there:

And that was Andorra!

Posted by Kathleen @ 6:53 AM