Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kangaroo Encounter

I'm in Singapore! Just the airport, really. For some reason, I ended up with about 50 consecutive hours of travel time to get from QLD to Taipei (it would be about an 8 hour flight direct). I will be the first to admit, though, that I prefer relaxed layovers to running for planes! Louise and I had a weekend away in Surfers Paradise, and the flight back was delayed. I took the train back to Waverton at 10:30 at night, and was back on the train to the airport at 6am. I'm glad I had already packed and cleaned my room. The layover in Perth was fine; I spent most of my time watching reunions at the arrivals gate. I slept pretty well on the plane because I had an exit row. Louise would laugh at that, because I've explained to her my love of the exit row. Legroom galore! And I also trust myself to get that door open in the case of an emergency. This flight they actually sought me out (it's like the flight attendant knew of my talents :) I was sitting a couple rows back and they were asking for people to sit there, and I pretty much jumped up saying "Pick me!" Sleeping in the airport is a bit harder. They have plastic chairs with curved seats linked together in fives. Trust me, it's hard to find a comfortable position. Anyway, I need to finish up with my Australia stories! Going back to our day trip, we were able to feed the kangaroos at the Wildlife Park. Stacey was hesitant at first...
But made a cute little friend!
The guy who came bounding over to me was much bigger (alpha male?) He was pretty patient at first...
Then he decided I wasn't feeding him fast enough...
And decided to take matters into his own hands (well, paws & claws!)
The end result? The kangaroo won.

Posted by Kathleen @ 12:40 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I'm sure I told you before (or maybe it was you who first showed me) www.sleepinginairports.com Singapore is voted the best airport to sleep in ...

Posted by Blogger Jill @ April 30, 2008 at 7:33 AM #
 
<< Home