Thursday, April 17, 2008

It's a Twin Thing

I'll try not to rub it in, but there is nothing better than being a twin! Carole and I have really enjoyed living closer together (are China and Australia considered close?) and only being a few hours time difference apart. We chat pretty much every night on MSN, and it's another reminder of how alike we are. We keep typing the same thing, and thinking of similar ideas at the same moment. We really have the same brain! We have the same inability to remember past events, and the power to completely put things out of our head if procrastinating or repressing negative things. But we're really great at memorization, and if you put me back on a street I walked down ten years ago, I'll know exactly which way to turn to get back to that fabulous restaurant or park I had visited. I'd be curious to know what the memory strengths of any readers out there might be? Does everyone else remember things like what they did on their 18th birthday, their first day at university, or anything before the age of 12? At least I have pictures and photos to fall back on.Anyway, I love reading books about twins, and Carole suggested a great one. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield was an excellent novel. Not my usual taste, but it was the kind of fiction that you get really emotionally involved in (even if they are more traditionally negative emotions). I couldn't stop reading last night, and by the time I finished, I was a bit unsettled (as Carole warned me, "it's quite gothic.") I ended up dreaming about Korean mafia shooting each other in a Toys R Us, but I'm not sure if it's related. Anyway, I have two days off before only three more working days at Flexirent. I have mixed feelings about leaving: thrilled to be done with the phone calls and the feeling of being paid unfairly, but sad that it has been a great experience with wonderful co-workers. Tomorrow I have a day trip with Stacey and Saturday at the races with Louise to make the most of my last week in Sydney!

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:05 AM