Sunday, March 30, 2008

Random Fair Pics

We actually bypassed the over-priced rides but wanted a picture of the Dodge'ems (cause I love the name). And I finally got to visit the famous showbags pavilion. Louise had told me many tales in Taiwan about the showbags: themed bags of toys, chocolates, food or magazines at discount prices. I thought it was a pretty great idea, but it was overwhelming how many hundreds of bags there were to choose from!
I found the concept of dolls on stick to be completely nonsensical, but Louise thought it was perfectly normal. But why? Why would a child want to play with a doll or soft toy that was on a foot long stick?
We loved walking through the food pavilions and looking at the displays. And tasting all the samples, of course!
And there was also a arts & crafts competition. Louise went straight to the paintings for inspiration, and I dreamed about all the craft projects I would love to do. Like this adorable doll!

Posted by Kathleen @ 7:24 PM