Sunday, March 9, 2008

Jeans

I've decided that I've found my life's talent. Some people are artistic geniuses or musical prodigies, others have incredible athletic talent or the ability to do complex mathematical problems in their head. I have the ability to find a bargain. I attribute half of my skill to years of practice in thrift stores and clearance sections, but the rest has been handed down to me through my mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, great-great-grandmother (a whole lineage of spend-thrifts!) I still think of my greatest find as the Marina Rinaldi purple satin skirt that I wore to a formal in university. Originally sold for $500 by an Italian designer, discovered by me in Filene's basement on sale for $3.50. Anyway, my old jeans have been loved to the point of being threadbare (I bought them junior year of university) and I needed a pair to tide me over my last two months in Australia. I would be tossing them in the charity bin, so I didn't want to spend a fortune. I headed to Target and eventually found myself in the clearance section. I found the perfect pair, the perfect fit for the low price of... $1.86. As with the satin skirt, it's just one of those flukes where several sales were piled on top of each other. I decided to celebrate my find my splurging on a second pair of jeans, at $8.66. The girl at the checkout register was pretty shocked, and I was pretty proud of myself!

Posted by Kathleen @ 8:17 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Your story had such a happy ending! I love a bargain...

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous @ March 10, 2008 at 12:45 PM #
 
<< Home