Friday, February 29, 2008

Out and About

I celebrated my day off a few days ago by heading to Chatswood mall. I enjoyed some window shopping and a treat at Starbucks. I also had a free movie pass from work, and the only movie showing at the right time was "Dan in Real Life." I'm a big fan of an afternoon at the movies, and it doesn't bother me at all to go by myself (although it's always a puzzle when I try to explain the concept to extroverts). But I had a new experience: I really saw the movie by myself. 200 empty red plush chairs and me. Nobody else felt like an afternoon at the movies, I guess. I found the idea of a private screening slightly odd, but I loved the fact that I could laugh at the parts I found funny and there were no distractions. I wouldn't suggest it for a night movie or a movie that's in the least bit scary, though!

Posted by Kathleen @ 4:51 AM