Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Wish I Was an American (Only For Today, Though)

Is everyone else on the edge of their seats? I've never been so, so, so excited about politics in the States, although I've always been fascinated by American elections. I really, honestly believe in Obama; that he is the only possible answer to the downward spiral in the strange nation to the south. I remember when I first heard a speech by Barack on TV while sitting on a couch in the lounge at college in March 2004. He had just been elected to the Senate for Illinois (I went to school in Chicago), and his speech was mind-blowing. I remember thinking "If only this guy could be president!" It's weird that I remember the exact evening, considering my notoriously bad memory, but it was really that impactful. Anyway, if Obama becomes President, I will be the happiest Canadian!

Posted by Kathleen @ 9:18 PM