Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gladiators!

Louise, Regina, Sophia, Stacey and I had tickets to a taping of Gladiators today! I saw in the news that it's returning in America, too. Gladiators is one of the only shows I remember watching (and loving) as a kid, so I was pretty excited to see it live. We saw four competitors complete four events... and it took four hours. Seriously. I expected a half four TV show taping to take one hour, maybe two tops. The crowd thinned out steadily, and we only stayed till the end because we were hoping they would be taping the Eliminator (which they didn't). There was a lot of down time, and I couldn't believe how many times they had us stand and cheer (we're not monkeys, after all!) But I'm glad we went, and I remembered all the games: The Pendulum, Joust, Whiplash and The Gauntlet.
Oh, and Carole and Julia would appreciate the fact that I saw the guy from Thank God You're Here. I tried to inconspicuously whisper to Louise, but she was too caught up in Nitro chasing Jane on the Pendulum.
I took these pictures on the train ride home...
Follow up notes:

In my last post I mentioned the Sydney weather. Just to clarify, I'm pleased as punch with chilly, rainy Sydney. I'm not a beach girl, and I was afraid of living in Australia because of the heat!

Carole: still wrong on two. I've give you #11, I'll be visiting Kember in Neuchatel, Switzerland. But for #10, you have to guess! It borders one of the countries I'll visit, and here's the flag...

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:07 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Really, you're going to Andorra? I totally don't remember you mentioning that!

And that guy is totally my favourite TGYH actor. He has all the best parts, although I couldn't really tell you his name...

I watched all the episodes you sent me, and also loaned the DVDs to Jill and Brian so they could enjoy them too. Great gift.

Posted by Blogger Carole @ February 9, 2008 at 8:52 PM #
 
<< Home