Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Crafts

Seeing as I don't have much in the way of news (I just finished day three of a 13 day work stretch), I'll fill you in on my day off. Louise, Regina and I went to the Creative Living Expo in Sydney. We went to a beading demonstration and spent several hours wandering through craft booths. It was mostly scrapbook & papercrafts, quilting, beading and needlework. I had to limit myself to craft projects that were affordable and I could easily finish (no scrapbooking or quilting for me!) Anyway, the designs above are the two cross-stitch patterns I settled on. I had almost talked Louise into trying one when the sales lady came over, whipped out a pattern and went into a very detailed lecture on back-stitching. A pretty sure way to scare off a beginner! And I also got some basics for beading; my first project being the keychain above. I reused the beads from my Christmas tree ornaments!

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:39 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Lovely! Do you think the Geisha one will match that kimono one you did? Were you thinking about that?

Posted by Blogger Carole @ February 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM #
 
<< Home