Wednesday, January 9, 2008

If only...

I had a end-of-month review with my supervisor the other day. Getting good feedback is always encouraging, of course. But it was overshadowed by the small matter of "incentives" (a fancy word for commission). We all knew when we were hired as temps, that we would not be eligible for commission. It hit home when my supervisor showed me that, if I wasn't a temp, I would have earned $2,500 in incentives for the month of December. Yeah, that's a lot. That's probably more than I earned for the whole month! The amount is based on how many deals I put through as well as the quality of my calls, punctuality, average call time, etc. Many of the others on my team would have earned nothing or just a few hundred dollars. I'm trying to be very philosophical about the whole thing, and take it as as a indication that I'm doing a good job, and not just a whole wad of money that escaped my piggy bank.

Posted by Kathleen @ 7:37 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Ouch. That is a lot of money. So did you get permanent? You can make lots of "incentives" in the next few months.

Posted by Blogger Carole @ January 9, 2008 at 9:46 AM #
 
<< Home