Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy 2008

Happy New Year! The Sydney celebration was unforgettable. It stretched my mind a bit that I had fifteen hours of 2008 while my family in Nova Scotia was still in 2007. I've also decided that I like celebrating the new year in summer weather instead of slushy, frozen weather. I had a pretty relaxed night and saved money by just walking down the street to the lookout by my apartment. Sydney put on fireworks at 9pm and midnight, and they were spectacular. It was also a very friendly atmosphere, with over a million people lining the harbour to enjoy the same show. 2007 was a pretty intense year full of changes and new experiences, and I think 2008 will be the same. The only thing I know for sure is that a year from now, I will be in a different city, different country, different job, different house, different friends, etc. But I'm ready for the challenge, and I've joined Carole in writing a list of 101 things to do in the next 1001 days.
And some short movies so you can feel like you were here!

Posted by Kathleen @ 7:34 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Looks like a fabulous time! I think I would also vote for new years in the summer. And Christmas after boxing day. Seriously, who made these calendars...

The second and fourth movie won't work. And I enjoyed the first and third ones so much I really want to see them all.

I'll put a picture of the Halifax fireworks on my blog for contrast...

Posted by Blogger Carole @ January 1, 2008 at 9:47 AM #
 
<< Home