Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cricket


I would like to nominate cricket as the most mind-numbing sport. Everyone wears the same colour, so you can't tell who is on which team. There is absolutely no contact between players (anyone care for a tackle or a bodychuck?) And there the only movement of players occurs when someone hits the ball, and he gets to run back and forth in a straight line between two piles of wooden sticks. But, during that time, the cameras follow the ball, so you don't even get to see it. Whenever I turn on a cricket game, I have no idea what point it is in the game, what the score is, or what on earth is going on. The stats look like Latin, and the commentators sound like they belong in a mental ward. All that being said, the final nail in the coffin is that a cricket test match goes on FOREVER. Not only does it last six hours every day, it goes on for five days! That means cricket is on the tv in the breakroom at work during my morning break, my lunch break and my afternoon break! I am giving cricket one last chance: Stacey and I are going to see beach cricket here in Sydney. I have high hopes because it's on sand, and the matches are limited to one hour, 15 minutes. Stay tuned for pictures.

Posted by Kathleen @ 11:56 PM