Sunday, January 13, 2008

Day Two of the Birthday Long Weekend

Today my roommate Stacey and I attended a sporting event! This is a rare occurrence in my life, and I would never put cricket at the top of my list of favourite sports (that is, if I had a list of favourite sports, but even that would be a stretch). Beach cricket sounded exciting, though...
This is Maroubra beach, about a half hour bus ride from the city center. It was a sold out crowd, but thankfully we got seats in the shaded area. There were two games, each about an hour and a half long. The teams were made up of past cricket greats from England, Australia and New Zealand, and New Zealand was the regional winner, if anyone cares.

They even gave us free Australia hats! And introducing my wonderful roommate Stacey from Brighton, England. She's been in Australia a couple of months and works in marketing.

The new rules for beach cricket were great: I could actually figure out what was going on. I think I'm learning a new sport!

This is one of those horrible pictures that are so unflattering you just have to laugh... (I didn't know Stacey was taking the picture, and it was really bright outside!)

Posted by Kathleen @ 6:45 AM