Monday, January 14, 2008

Birthday!

I had a wonderful birthday here in Sydney (not a lot of great pictures, though). I opened Carole's presents in the morning, and I was so excited, she read my mind!! I went to see 27 Dresses and do some shopping in the afternoon, and then Louise, Stacey and I went out for dinner. We went to a great pizza place (the same one I went to with Jill and Brian) and had a nice little tiramisu for birthday cake. Stacey tried to put a happy expression on it, but in this picture it looks more like an angry face! They we walked over to Circular Quay to go the Minus 5 ("The coolest experience where everything is made from ice.") Pictures of that to come.
Louise and Stacey looking gorgeous!
And this is an example why asking someone to take your pictures is always a let down (can they not hold it still?
I'm having a quiet day today: applesauce cooking on the stove, "Much Ado About Nothing" playing on the computer, and a fun craft project completed! I first saw zipper pencil cases in Taiwan, and they're coming into some stores here in Sydney. Too bad I didn't think of it first, I could make a fortune! Louise and I found colourful zippers for .50 a piece, and bought some denim for the back. It would be a really quick project if you have a sewing machine, but even by hand, it's a fun little afternoon activity.

Posted by Kathleen @ 10:44 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful celebration(s)! Here's to a new year of exciting adventures! :) (BTW, I love the zipper pencil case-- too cool!)

Posted by Blogger Mrs. Waki @ January 16, 2008 at 1:04 AM #
 
<< Home