Saturday, December 15, 2007

Luna Park!


For Louise's birthday party, we had a crazy night at Luna Park! I consider Luna Park a famous landmark of Syndey, but my mom had never heard of it, so maybe not. Hopefully the picture of the big face is recognizable, if nothing else. Anyway, Louise's sisters, Regina and Sophia, came as well as her friends. It had been a while since I had a big night out at the amusement park, and all the spinning did get to me a bit. I also went on the most horrific "ride" I've ever been on, but that deserves it's own blog post!!! I faced my childhood fears and went on the bumper cars twice. It was much more fun than I remembered because you followed a circular track (one way only) and they call the ride "Dodge 'ems" (which I think is a much more pleasant idea than bashing into each other).
My favorite park was a big area called "Coney Island." It was full of old-fashioned mirrors, wooden slides and about five different "rides" where the only point was to get from one side to the other across irregularly moving wooden planks, barrels or wheels! We had varying degrees of success...
















Posted by Kathleen @ 8:00 PM

Read or Post a Comment

Kathy -

I recognize Luna Park from spending time in Sydney, but I also knew it as a landmark before I went.

However, you OBVIOUSLY did not see the CSI Miami episode that took place in Luna Park. I saw it around 2003 and it was so freaky it stuck with me. Just seeing you're pictures is scary. It's a good thing you didn't see that episode or you seriously wouldn't have made it past the scary smiling face.

Posted by Blogger Carole @ December 17, 2007 at 8:52 AM #
 

I know

it's "your" not "you're"

Don't hate me

Posted by Blogger Carole @ December 17, 2007 at 8:52 AM #
 
<< Home