Sunday, December 23, 2007

Cookies


Happy Christmas Eve! For some reason, everyone has decided to call in for financing today, and it's been a crazy day. It is a bit miserable working right up till 6:30 on Christmas Eve, but I did win a promotion at work. By mentioning the "flight club" to the salesperson at the end of my randomly chosen call, I won a $100 gift card. So that would be the highlight of my eight hours at work. Anyway, I made cookies this weekend! I chose two "traditional" family recipes, based on the recipes being no-bake with limited ingredients. I'm sure most of my family and friends would recognize my infamous potato cookies: my favorite cookie made only with mashed potatoes, icing sugar and coconut. Also I made Grammie's confetti squares in spite of the fact that Australia does offer graham crackers or cooking marshmallows (they just have these really dense, overly flavored ones that people eat as a snack food!) Even though the recipes were simple, I ended up making a gigantic mess in the kitchen. I had to finish off my afternoon of cooking with a top-to-bottom clean and mop!

Posted by Kathleen @ 7:03 PM