Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

It has turned out to be a lovely Christmas here in Sydney; can you believe this is my fourth Christmas overseas? I was working on Christmas Eve, which wasn't very much fun at all. Some of the more pathetic moments were when I didn't get a Kris Kringle present, when nobody wanted to try the homemade cookies I brought in, and when I had to buy my single serve of ravioli to take home for Christmas eve dinner! But, don't worry, I had a lovely quiet night at home. I opened my Christmas presents from Carole (thank you so much, and thank you Mom and Dad for the card and paying the postage!) and watched the my traditional Christmas shows on Youtube. I don't think I could celebrate without The Christmas Toy, The Muppet Family Christmas and White Christmas! Anyway, I spent today at Louise's home with her family.

They had all put so much effort into a yummy lunch, including a homemade trifle. And I took my cookies to Louise's house where they were appreciated! We decided to eat outside in spite of the chilly, overcast weather. So much for a hot Sydney Christmas, it was definitely sweater-weather. Also with us were Louise's friend Lap and Regina's friend Priya.
We spent most of the day just talking and relaxing. We also watched "She's the Man" (quality movie, I have to admit), and played three different board games: Scattergories, Smartass and Cluedo. And of course, a final highlight was opening our Christmas presents from Julia (thanks so much!) All in all, a lovely day, and a brand-new Christmas memory.

Posted by Kathleen @ 6:15 AM

Read or Post a Comment

I remember when Louise bought that sweater here last year.

I am so glad you like the gifts. I was worried. You guys are hard to shop for since you lived here already. I spent a month going around to places and finally found those when I had lost hope. haha.

I am so jealous of you guys together, lol. You look great and
so relaxed. I love all the pictures. I promise to put some on New Years Day.

Happy Holidays.

Posted by Blogger Julia @ December 30, 2007 at 11:55 AM #
 
<< Home