Sunday, November 4, 2007

Monday

Things are still going well in Sydney. I love this city, and feel so privileged to be living here (especially when I walk through the park!) This morning I had two calls about jobs, and have two interviews tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get to both of them, but the one I really want is first, so if that goes well... Anyway, tonight Louise, her sister and I are going to go to a taping of Australian Idol. I'm very excited, and quite pleased with myself that I got tickets. Pictures and stories to come. If we're visible on the show, I'll let you know so you can download it!
Life in the youth hostel is pretty nice. Some people find the whole "hostel" thing hard to understand (like my parents or my students in Taiwan), but it's really not bad at all! In general things are clean and not too noisy, and there's usually common courtesy between travellers. I always feel safe, and never worry about my belongings. I have a great set up this time because I have a bottom bunk in front of the only window in the room. I enjoy a great breeze and a fabulous view:

And this is what the dorm room looked like when I left this morning. There are eight beds but only 5-7 people staying in the room at a time. All that stuff on the floor is one girl's who was "packing" and decided to take a break to go into the city with a friend!

Posted by Kathleen @ 11:29 PM

Read or Post a Comment

That looks like my packing.
Julia

Posted by Blogger Julia @ November 6, 2007 at 7:34 AM #
 
<< Home