Saturday, November 3, 2007

How'd They Do It?

I'm wondering how people ever survived without the internet! I have been on a tireless job/apartment hunt over the last few days, without leaving my chair. I can access numerous job sites, perfect my resume and apply online in moments. I can read through hundreds of room listings, find the places on google maps and send off my interest via email. Imagine if I actually had to read a newspaper and walk from office to office dropping off paper resumes- yikes. That being said, I think I will have better chances when I take my resumes into retail stores and actually talk to the manager (is it bad that I just want to sell shoes again?) Apartment hunting is tiring: it takes so long to set up a viewing, and then things don't always work out. The other night I was supposed to see four places and only actually saw one. I spent two hours walking around downtown Sydney getting more and more disheartened. The one I saw was a tiny two bedroom apartment that had seven people living in it (they section off 3/4 of the living room and turn it into another "bedroom"). And no A/C- I don't think I'd survive very long with two other girls in a tiny room!

Posted by Kathleen @ 3:38 AM