Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas Parade




I went into the city for the Christmas Parade on the weekend. I have to say I was more than a little disappointed (when I told Louise that afterwards, she said "Well, I could have told you that!") It seems parades are a little bit lower key in Australia than in Canada or the US. And very, very low budget. There were some uniquely Australian aspects, if nothing else than we were melting in 30 degree temperatures. Of course Santa came at the end, then I ducked back into air-conditioned shopping heaven.

Posted by Kathleen @ 12:35 AM

Read or Post a Comment

We caught a Christmas parade in Rotorua (small town) and we were disappointed too. It just wasn't the same. Can you believe that it was the first time Brian had been to a Christmas parade? I assured him it wasn't the same if your feet aren't freezing ...

Posted by Blogger Jill @ November 29, 2007 at 9:14 PM #
 
<< Home