Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sports

In my travels, I've discovered that Canada is not half as sports-crazed as it may seem. Yes, we love our hockey, but it's just one part of our lives. Britain and Australia are passionate about sports. Here it's AFL (Aussie rules football), NRL (rugby), cricket and football (soccer). This weekend was the AFL and the NRL finals, and the world rugby championships and the world 20/20 in cricket are ongoing. That means that, of the five channels we get on tv, at least three of them are showing sports at any one time. The AFL final was on from about 8am till 8pm! Thankfully AFL is easy to watch and even easier to understand! For those of you who care, Geelong won by a landslide hundred something points. And Canada played Australia in rugby the other night: can you guess who won? It was on tv live here, including a two hour pre-show! I talked to Carole and she didn't even know the world cup was on. Canada is not exactly favored to win, let's put it that way. Anyway, I am sick of watching sports. Where are the home decorating shows, the makeover/wedding stories and the cheesy reality tv?

Posted by Kathleen @ 6:47 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Kathleen, I just stumbled on your blog and am interested in all of the places you've been. I just moved to Korea 3 weeks ago after getting a Master's in TESOL and teaching for a couple of years in the U.S. I'd love to hear more about how you got to teach in Kazakhstan for 3 months, what living in Taipei was like (I'm thinking of moving to Taiwan next)...email me if you wouldn't mind sharing: hdemunn(at)gmail(dot)com.

Posted by Blogger Heatherbee @ October 2, 2007 at 1:30 PM #
 
<< Home