Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween?

By the way, Halloween doesn't really exist in Australia. I'd say October is much more exciting with Thanksgiving and Halloween (and more colourful!) I had a very lazy morning today, and the only thing on my to-do list was come to the internet cafe. Once I checked my email, though, I was thrown into a panic! Last Feb. when I went home to Canada, Carole and I took some tests to apply for the Canadian foreign service (working in an embassy overseas). It's a very selective program, so I wasn't surprised when I didn't hear back from them. But... today in my inbox was an email telling me they want to interview me and they have an opening at 8am on Tuesday in Singapore! Or I can wait till March 2008 in an undecided Asian location. It's my dream job, but most interviewees don't get the position, and I don't want to get my hopes up. I was ready to book a flight to Singapore, but I think I've decided to wait until March for three reasons. Number one: I can't find a flight less than $900. Number two: my passport is currently in a file cabinet in the Canadian embassy Sydney office (and may even have been cancelled in preparation for my new one). Number three (the most flighty reason imaginable): I would have to miss going to see Australian Idol being taped with Louise and her sister! So, unless I can find a last minute miracle flight and beg my passport back, I'll just have to wait and hope for March. Here are some pictures of fun times in Sydney with Jill, Brian and Louise:

We went to Bondi beach, and I was slightly disturbed to find that the white sand beaches perfectly matched my extremely white skin!

Posted by Kathleen @ 12:08 AM