Saturday, October 6, 2007

The Dogs

I'm struggling a bit to keep this blog updated, because I never feel like I have any news or pictures to share. The big deal around here is the V8 supercars race and Australia v. England rugby tonight. That and the weather: we talk about the weather a lot. I'm also being introduced to the small-town gossip phenomenon. One person gets told a story about "so and so" and within five minutes, are telling the story to someone else. Something will happen at the restaurant, and a customer who walks in an hour later already knows about it! Anyway, none of those stories are interesting to you, so I'll have to be creative. How about this? Have you ever seen a naturally growing lemon this big?And the other day I turned around to see this gigantic huntsman spider on the bathroom mirror. I had a moment of terror then escaped with my life. Turns out that there are only two deadly spiders in western Australia and they are both small and black (makes it a bit trickier to avoid them than if they were brown and the size of your hand, eh?) Everyone scoffed at me and told me this spider can't hurt anyone, but I still don't think it should be inside!And lastly, here are the dogs. I've gotten used to them now, but the first time Turbo came up behind me I nearly fainted. I have a mild fear of dogs, and it was compounded by the fact that no one had told me there was a dog! The little one is Sooty, and she can't bark or jump up on me so I'm happy.

Posted by Kathleen @ 7:49 AM