Monday, September 17, 2007

Toodyay

Another day off, another western Australian town.
The scenery is really beautiful this time of year. Can you imagine having a patio that overlooks the view? The owners use it as a "weekender" (I think we'd call it a cottage in Canada). They're millionaires who own a lot of acres (I don't remember how many, of course) and just come in from Perth once in a while. I don't know them, we just went up for the view. I also visited Toodyay, a nice rural town, and had to stop into one of the oldest wineries in western Australia. This man has been working in the vineyards most of his life, and now runs the cellar. Here are some spider orchids that grow in this region. Aren't they a bit spooky looking?Anyway, as much as I like seeing more of Australia, the highlight of my day is the Emmy Awards! I'll watch the replay tonight, but I just happened to turn on the tv this afternoon and they had the "TV Guide Red Carpet Special" (my favorite part: the dresses and diamonds!) That made my day. Four weeks to go!

Posted by Kathleen @ 10:01 AM