Saturday, September 15, 2007

Cooking 101

Four weeks to go! Yes, I'm counting down, but that's okay considering the circumstances. It's hard to believe how many hours I'm working for so little money. And, I guess, how little I enjoy a lot of the work I do. But I'm learning new skills, meeting different types of people and learning a lot about myself, so it's worth it. And yesterday for the first time in my life I smelled something delicious coming from the kitchen and it was MY cooking! Ha! Granted I just put chicken and a jar of sweet and sour sauce in a slow cooker, but I still made it.
I've planned the next leg of my journey, and I'll be heading over to Sydney. There were two reasons for my decision: Jill and Louise (awhh). Mostly I just can't wait to see them, and since Jill and Brian will be heading off soon, I figured mid-October would be the best time. I booked a ticket on the Indian Pacific train from Perth to Sydney. It's a three night journey, and I may end up regretting it, but I hope it will be a great experience (and some amazing scenery). It didn't cost much more than flying, and I can take all my luggage!

Posted by Kathleen @ 5:52 AM

Read or Post a Comment

Aren't slow cookers amazingly simple?? We've got one, and Brian makes lovely dinners when we've got time to use it.
I can't wait to see you! We'll definitely have to book a day or two of down time for you to recover from you train journey.

Posted by Blogger Jill @ September 16, 2007 at 1:43 AM #
 
<< Home