Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Fremantle

This is the best I can do in blog design for right now. I have a bus ticket for tomorrow morning to Bakers Hill: how exciting! I made the most of my last free day by taking the train out to Fremantle and doing some of my favorite things. I sat by the ocean with a "flat white" for a long time, at least until the inevitable rainclouds arrived. By the way, a flat white is a category of coffee here, but I've yet to figure out what it is exactly. Even I, coffee addict, am confused as anything when I look at the coffee menu here. Wikipedia tells me that "The drink is generally made with 1/3 espresso and 2/3 steamed milk, very similar to the ingredients in a latte. The milk is prepared differently, with the volumised milk at the top folded into the lower layers. The resulting drink has only a very thin layer of froth at the top." Anyway, love the ocean, and a coffee makes the chilly wind bearable. When the rain came, I spent a couple of hours in a bead store choosing and creating my own necklace!

Posted by Kathleen @ 11:25 AM